11/12/2014

Parvathy Nair talks about Thala & Yennai Arindhaal


12/11/2014
Thala's Yennai Arindhaal directed by Gautham Menon has three female leads namely Anushka, Trisha and Parthavy Nair. The Mollywood actress who is also into Kamal Haasan's Uthama Villain recently opened to Times of India and talked about her role in this Thala starrer

Gautham sir is a filmmaker I always looked up to and wished to work with, as he gives a lot of space for women in his movies. All his films show them as strong, admirable personalities. Most of his works like Kakka Kakka figure atop my list of favourites as well. 

They had initially considered a newcomer like me for the role Trisha is playing now. However, since it's a mature role, they later felt I wouldn't be apt for it. I was amazed to see how respectful a filmmaker Gautham Menon is right at our first meeting. An incredibly soft spoken personality, I felt honoured to have met him.

It is just a week since I started working with Yennai Arindhaal team, and the friendliest person on the set is none other than Thala Ajith. He is somebody who waves you a 'hi' even before you would. I have been his fan since my childhood and was extremely happy to learn that in real life too he is a genuine and sweet personality.


About her Role in Yennai Arindhaal ?

I can't divulge much. It is a deglamourised yet bold character and gives me a good space to perform. I am cast opposite Arun Vijay in the film. Anushka and Trisha look quite pretty in the movie and initially, I was not comfortable with my getup. However, the team instilled confidence in me. Once even Ajith said that I should try out this look from now on! (laughs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..