Actor Arya's Raja Rani is the biggest blockbuster of his career till date, the actor in a recent interview opened up on the controversial wedding invitation which was used to promote the movie and his alleged link-up with Nayanthara.
On the Wedding invite :
"I really appreciate Nayan for agreeing to go ahead with the promotional campaign. It's not easy for an actress to do that openly, and I really admire her for it,It was done with our consent.
Naturally, the campaign created ripples, The 'wedding invitation' certainly stunned everyone.The media started asking me about my impending marriage with Nayan and I had to clarify it was just a campaign. I'm happy with the buzz it created."
On Raja Rani and pairing up with Nayanthara :
"It's the biggest hit of my career. The script has universal appeal and the emotional content is strong. It's very relatable.When I heard the script of Raja Rani, I thought she fits the bill perfectly and it would be a great comeback for the both of us. I'm lucky to have her as my leading lady, she's my lucky charm".
Regarding the several rumors linking him with Nayanthara :
"Such gossip is part of our career and there's nothing as such between Nayan and me."
10/03/2014After the much debated break-up between STR and Hansika, The actress is currently elated over the recent proceedings, Hansika has grabbed the female lead in Director Dharani's Rascal with Chiyaan Vikram and Thadaiyara Thakka fame Director Magizh Thirumeni's Meegaman with Arya.
Hansika is already into the final shooting schedule of Siva Karthikeyan's Maan Karate and Sundar.C's Aranmanai. The cute actress has been reportedly more happy than before after the break-up.
Fans it's a known fact that Ilayathalapathy Vijay is currently into Vijay 57 with A.R.Murugadoss and for several weeks there were confirmed reports that Vijay would then move on to Chimbudevan's fantasy film which is to be produced by Vijay's long time manager P.T.Selvakumar.
There is however a latest buzz going around that Vijay's next might be with Director Samuthirakani whose recent movie Nimirindhu Nil is currently ruling the box office. If this buzz is indeed true, then Vijay would move from A.R.Murugadoss movie to Samuthirakani movie and then take up Chimbudevan's film.
The much awaited audio launch of Superstar's Kochadaiiyaan was finally released yesterday. After several postponements the event held yesterday made up with its grandesque scale and long list of celebs. Soon after the audio launch, a Press Meet was held and the director of the film Soundarya Ashwin was quizzed with various questions and she answered all of it without hesitation.
One such question was why Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan was not invited for the launch which had Bollywood celebs like Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and several others. Soundarya clarified saying she was very eager to invite Ulaganayagan but Kamal Haasan could not make it as he was busy with the shoot of Uthama Villain.
10/03/2014Star India conducted a recent survey to find out the Top 5 Sexiest Youth Actors in India, Here are the top 5 according to results from that nation-wide survey.
Top 5 Sexiest Youth Actors in India:
1. Ranbir Kapoor: The casanova of Bollywood and a brilliant actor who's enroute to being the Next Bollywood Baadshah. His choice of films, fan following and success rate are all a huge plus.
2. Shahid Kapoor: Good Looks, Brilliant Dancer and Acting Skills are his plus points. Choice of films and poor success rate are his biggest minus points.
3. Ranveer Singh: With no Godfather, He has come a long way in the Industry. Prefers films rich in content with enough scope to perform.
4. Varun Dhawan: The son of Bollywood noted filmmaker David Dhawan who shot to fame with 'Student Of The Year'. Ease of acting, youthful looks are his plus points.
5. Ram Charan: The Tollywood actor with highest success rate has failed to make a name for himself with his maiden Bollywood flick Zanjeer. Nevertheless, Featuring in the Top 5 Sexiest Youth Actors in India itself is a big achievement !
Actress Amala Paul's who Nimirindhu Nil is currently rocking the theatres was this week's guest at the Koffee with DD programme in Vijay TV. The Mynaa of Kollywood revealed quite a few intresting thoughts on her peers, Here are some intresting tit-bits from the interview
- Amala Paul named Trisha as her Most Favourite Actress and named Anjali as the Worst dressed actress.
- Amala Paul was asked to list actors based on the following description, Helping Actor - Allu Arjun, Reserved Actor - Ram Charan Teja, Totally Hot - Mohanlal and Party Animal - Chiyaan Vikram.
- Amala listed the following actors based on their acting talents in this exact order - Vijay, Jayam Ravi, Atharva, Siddharth and Arya.
- Amala Paul re-stated Surya was her favourite actor numerous times in the episode and revealed it's her dream to act with him atleast once.
- Amala was asked to suggest an alternative profession for the following actors and this was her reply Nazriya - Teacher, STR - Should run a casino, Arya - Ladies Hostel Warden and Atharva - Rockstar.
10/03/2014Siva Karthikeyan is the undoubtedly the fastest rising star of Kollywood, His market value is at an all time high after successive blockbusters in Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga (2013),Ethir Neechal(2013) and Varutha Padatha Valibar Sangam (2013).
Siva Karthikeyan maybe just 7 films old but is reportedly currently charging seven crores for a movie. The actor who is awaiting the release of Maan Karate also holds five films in his kitty with Taana and another film with Ponram already being finalised and in pre-production stage.
It's almost unofficially official that K.S Ravikumar will be directing Superstar Rajinikanth's next. According to reliable sources Rockline Venkatesh will produce the movie while Rathnavelu will be the cinematographer and A.R.Rahman the music composer.
Actress Anushka Shetty who missed out on the chance to pair up with Superstar in Kochadaiiyaan has been approached for this movie too. The latest buzz is that Kannada actor Sudeep who impressed Superstar with this performance in Naan E is likely to play the antagonist role in this Superstar starrer.
Numerous reports have indicated that this might be a sequel to the hit blockbuster Padayappa which was also directed by K.S Ravikumar. An official confirmation on the project is expected soon.
Fans it's known fact that Superstar's Kochadaiiyan trailer was released in a grand manner at Sathyam yesterday. Here are some intresting tit-bits from the grand event
- As per the producers, Kochadaiiyan's budget is 125 crores.
- The movie is currently slated for release on the 11th of April 2014 targeting a Tamil Year weekend release.
- Superstar Rajinikanth has three roles in Kochadaiiyan - One the title role 'Kochadaiiyaan' and two sons 'Rana' and 'Sena'.
- Director Soundarya Rajinikanth revealed that if someone had got her the dates of Dhanush she would have definitely given him a role in the film.
- Both K.S Ravikumar and Shankar while they spoke were asked by fans to reveal if their next film was with Superstar ? However both the directors diplomatically declined the request.
It was earlier reported that Manisha Yadav of Vazhakku Enn 18/9 fame has been roped as the female lead to Vijay Sethupathy in Idam Porul Eval. Now after shooting for a couple of days, the actress has been dumped from the film.
Manisha who was angered by this sudden decision has filed a complaint with Nadigar Sangam seeking compensation. Manisha's mother had this to say to The Times of India regarding the incident
"We don't know the real reason behind her removal from the film. She is very upset with this development.We are going to file a complaint with the association, seeking for compensation. She had received very good film offers from Hyderabad, but she missed all of them because of this film. She wanted to do this film only for the production house and her character, not for the money they offered. It's unfair that she has been thrown out of a film for no reason."
So, what went wrong? "The shooting for the film started on March 3, but we went to Kodaikanal only a few days ago. After an on-the-set look test one day, she shot for half an hour the next day. She was given lengthy dialogues in rural Tamil, and she managed to deliver most of it right, except for one or two lines. The next day, the production manager asked us to stay at our hotel room until her shot was ready. But at noon, he called up and said that he's coming with two tickets to Bangalore.We were shocked, and asked for a reason. He told us that Manisha didn't suit the character, and that she wasn't able to deliver the dialogues well. How can a non-Tamil actress get all the lines in rural Tamil right the first time? Any heroine would struggle with these lines. Also, Manisha had auditioned for her role thrice, and had even done look tests before signing the film!" she recalls, and adds, "The director later offered her the role of the second heroine, the one who is paired opposite Vishnu Vishal, but we declined it because we only signed to be paired opposite Vijay Sethupathi only. The director can't sign anyone else for that role because we still have the agreement."
The director of the movie Seenu Ramasamy had this to say "I had screen-tested her with a different look and her appearance looked sophisticated in the actual get-up during the shooting. So, I decided to offer her the other role in the interest of the film. Contrary to rumours, I still think of her as a talented actress and have no doubts on her performing abilities."