10/10/2014

Hans Zimmer talks about A.R.Rahman !


10/10/2014
Hans Zimmer listed as one of the Living Geniuses is a receiver of  four Grammy Awards, three Classical BRIT Awards, two Golden Globes, and an Academy Award. The Dark Knight composer in a recent interview talked about our Legendary Composer and the Oscar Hero A.R.Rahman. Here are extracts from the interview 

I have friends in India. AR Rahman (and he pronounces the name perfectly). I had this idea a few years ago, to reinvent the music of the Oscars. It was one of the worst ideas I ever had (laughs). But I go all my friends, like I got AR to come and play in the orchestra and I got everybody to get involved. I love him. I don’t think that I even need to say that he is talented, I think we all know that he is. He’s my strongest connection to India. "

I’d love to do a collaboration with AR Rahman. We’ve actually sort of talked about it. When he first came to Los Angeles, he has his studio in my studio, which was like a safe haven for him I think. And yes, he owe me that I come to India and I park my studio in his for a while (chuckles), and we do a bit of music together. To me, he’s a wonderful man, an extraordinary talent. He is everything you hope a composer would be.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..