6/11/2014

Vishnuvardhan reveals a Surprising information on Thala's Billa !


11/06/2014
Director Vishnuvardhan will forever be remembered for his Billa legacy with Thala Ajith, The ace director in a recent interview spilled out some surprising facts on the movie, Here is the extract from the interaction

"I never wanted to make that film. It was actually Ajith’s idea. I had worked with Ajith in Asoka, where he played the villain opposite Shah Rukh. I had made two to three films in Tamil by then, and he met me and suggested that we make a film together. But I didn’t have a script ready. We kept meeting and one day he said, ‘Why don’t you remake Don?’ I straightaway told him if he was out of his mind!

Don was first made with Amitabh Bachchan in the lead. Then it was remade in Tamil with Rajinikanth. And by that time, Farhan Akhtar had also made another version with SRK in the lead. But Ajith convinced me to do it and, trust me, expectations from that film were rocket high! I was aware that comparisons would be made, but I decided to use a different kind of treatment. I shot the whole film abroad to focus solely on the film and luckily for me, the film rocked the box office."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..