4/08/2014

The movie Vijay Sethupathi did not want to Miss !

08/04/2014
Vijay Sethupathi has had a mini-slip up of sorts after poor box office performance of Padminiyum Pannaiyaarum and Rummy. The actor is hoping to strike back with Mellisai. In a recent interview the debutante director Ranjith revealed an interesting tale on the movie "When I first narrated the script to Vijay Sethupathi, he loved it. But he was busy and told me, 'I'm in a dilemma. I don't want to miss being a part of this film. At the same time, I don't want to make you wait for me. I can only request you to wait for me for a year, if you can.' I told him I'd wait." 

"Two months later, Vijay called me. He told me a project was getting delayed and asked me if we could begin work on ours immediately. He said there would be no time for pre-production. I agreed, but I was worried. However, cinematographer Dinesh Krishnan gave me the confidence that we could pull it off. I had my music director in Sam C S ready. The only problem was casting the correct heroine," says Ranjith.

It was at this time that the crew came across Gayathri. "The actress said she would give me bulk dates if she liked the story. She did and today, when I look back, I'm surprised how quickly we have put this project together. We have completed a major portion in 48 days," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..