8/15/2014

Yuvan talks about his connection with A.R.Rahman


15/08/2014
The Mozart of Madras A.R.Rahman and the maestro Yuvan Shankar Raja have rocked the Kollywood for almost a decade now, The two heavyweights of Kollywood have treated us to some magical chartbusters, In a recent interview Yuvan talked about his connection with A.R.R

"Rahman used to play the keyboard for my dad when he was a kid back in the day with the orchestra. So, he knows me since I was six and has seen me growing up. I know Rahman, but am not close to him. I have sung just twice for him, whereas I have sung at least 10 times for my father. But being Ilaiyaraaja's son, singing for Rahman became a big deal. Actually, I sang for Rahman as I don't have any ego, and I wanted to set an example for future composers to not have ego and boundaries with other composers. My dad asked me, 'What made you sing?' I said, 'I just felt like singing.' After that, I started getting calls from lots of composers to sing, but to maintain exclusivity, I said 'no', except once when I sang for Dharan."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..