6/06/2013

Dhanush Talks about his First Kiss, First Love & Love Failure



6/06/2013
Dhanush, One of the most talented actor Kollywood has ever seen, is currently venturing into Bollywood with his Raanjhnaa which has already got people talking.  Here is a quick review of a recent interview by Dhanush given to a leading daily.


How did you get into films?

We were basically from a poor family and most of our childhood was spent in longing only. My parents came to Chennai just before I was born so that my father, who was earlier a worker in a mill in the village, could find a job. We were so poor that my mother had to run a family of six with 15 a day. We did not have a healthy diet and did not grow up on Cerelac and Farex. We survived many a time on curd rice from neighbours. Through his friends, my father joined as an assistant director and assisted for 15 years, after which he became a director. I was the youngest in my family and was given the least importance. My mother is most attached to my brother because she has the feeling that she could not provide him anything. By the time I was born, at least I got a meal and a half a day, but he sometimes got only water. When I was in Class XI, my father got to direct my first film, which had six school kids in it. The lead guy dropped out at the last minute. I was in school and 16 at that time and fit the role perfectly, so my family convinced me over a period of one week to take it up. The film did well, but I was not offered roles as I did not look star material. All the other five kids who were there with me in the film, got work but I did not. I kept blaming my father for pulling me out of my studies. My second film Kadhal Kondaen was directed by my brother Selvaraghavan that turned me overnight into a star.


How did you meet your wife Aishwarya Rajinikanth?

At the first day's show of my film Kadhal Kondaen, we as a family went to watch it. By the interval, we were all hugging each other as we knew it would be a hit. Once the film was over, I was about to leave when the cinema owner introduced me to Rajinikanth sir's daughters Aishwarya and Soundarya. We just said hi to each other and left. The next day, Aishwarya sent me a bouquet saying, 'Good work. Keep in touch'. I just took that very seriously. She is two years older to me and we got married two years later after we met.

Did you have an affair before Aishwarya?
When I was in Class XI, there was a girl whom I loved. I think until now, she is the only girl I have loved, but she dumped me. We loved each other and being 29 today, I know that it was not a high school crush. It lasted only one year and then she went to the US for her studies and I came into films. Once I came into films, I could not concentrate in studies and failed in +2. She needed to make a practical choice and I never ever blame her as I think she made the right choice. We are still in touch on mail with each other once in a while and I know that she will always feel happy for me.


You are doing now two films with AR Rahman — Raanjhanaa and Mariyaan. Who is your favourite music composer?

Ilaiyaraaja is my most favourite music director. His music was my lullaby, his music was my food, his music was my childhood, his music was my first love, his music was my failure, his music was my first kiss, my first love failure, my success... he is in my blood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..