10/09/2013

I looked like an Idiot in My Films - Kajal Agarwal


9/10/2013
Actress Kajal Agarwal is all set to rule the roost in Kollywood once again with back to back biggies in All in Azhagu Raja and Jilla. The former will witness a early release for Diwali, while the latter is reserved for Pongal. Kajal in a recent interview to the Times of India opened up on her current projects, her Sister and her Bollywood Aspirations.
Here are some excerpts from the interview 

Director Rajesh's heroines are usually a lot of fun and have a comic streak in them. What's your character like in this film?
I play a sweet girl called Chitra Devi Priya, who is confused. She is a little arrogant, but she's a sweetheart nonetheless. She believes she's God's gift to mankind and that she's an unmatchable artist. Every day on the set was hilarious. I used to die laughing because of the situational comedy.

You've done a film with Karthi and lots of ads. That must have helped you build a good rapport with him on screen as well...
More than the ads, the movie — Naan Mahaan Alla — helped us bond a lot. We had a great rapport to begin with and All in All... was more comfortable in terms of understanding each other. I see a lot of positive change in Karthi in terms of performance. He's always been vibrant but now, he now comes across as more aware of his craft. He has mastered the craft now.

Any Bollywood projects in the offing?
As I had committed to my Tamil films, I have to finish them first. But I will be doing a Hindi film very soon. There is something in the pipeline, but I can't reveal anything about it at this point of time.

Would you do a multi-starrer in Tamil?
It is a good trend and if I'm able to relate to my character in the film, I will gladly go for it. Most of my Telugu films have been multi-starrers. I'm comfortable in my own skin, so I have no issues.

From Bharathiraaja's Bommalattam to All in All Azhaguraja, how do you see the change in you as an actress?
Well, it's been massive. I was a baby back then. I've had no formal training in cinema and it was very difficult initially. I look like an idiot in some of my initial films. I'd rather not watch them. But I have grown over the years and understood how movies work. You just learn and grow, I guess...

Your sister Nisha did a film in Tamil (Ishtam) but has been missing here since then...
She's busy with projects in Tollywood. I don't interfere with her choice of films. But, we are both extremely critical of each other. In fact, she doesn't like me in most of my films! She thinks that I can do much better.

What's the update on Jilla, in which you're sharing screenspace with Vijay?
I have an action-oriented role and, as everybody knows, I'm quite excited to be working again with Ilayathalapathy Vijay, after having done Thuppakki with him. We still have some scenes to finish and I think we'll be heading to Slovenia soon for a schedule.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..