1/14/2014

It's Love Marriage for Amala Paul

14/01/2014
Actress Amala Paul who is currently into Vellai Illa Pattathari with Dhanush recently opened up to the Times of India. Here are few excerpts from the interview 

You forayed into Tamil with a de-glam role in Mynaa and later turned to ultra-glam roles in big budget films.
In Kollywood, after all these years, I am still the Mynaa girl. In fact, I am really happy that I got such a foothold in Tamil with my debut movie. But post the success of Mynaa, I got a lot of village belle roles, but I didn't want to get typecast. No matter whether it is a big budget or small budget, art house or commercial film, what I want is to be part of projects that offer me something different. I feel I am on the right track. Now I have one dream, to be a part of a period film, an era which is unknown to us.

Do you enjoy working in Malayalam, Tamil or Telugu the most?
Well, I really want to be part of all the three film industries. But it is a challenge for me to juggle between three cultures. More than the language barrier, there is a big cultural difference. Each caters to the tastes of three different types of people. The characters will also reflect the cultural differences. While in Malayalam there are more earthy characters, in Telugu there are more fantasy characters. Tamil filmmakers want a blend of both. But I love working in all the three industries.

Any marriage plans in the near future?
I'm just 22 years old. Marriage can wait. But whenever it happens, it won't be an arranged marriage. I am particular that I should know the guy whom I marry. I cannot spend the rest of my life with someone I don't know.

So what next?
I am currently busy with two bilingual projects in Tamil and two in Telugu. In Malayalam, I have signed Laila O Laila, my second outing with Lal sir (Mohanlal). I play the title role in it.

1 comments:

  1. iam so happy amala paul ,,,,,,,to enjoy life all best

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here..