1/17/2014

Kajal Talks about All in All Azhaguraja Failure, Her Marriage and If She's over Overpaid

17/01/2014
Actress Kajal Aggarwal may have had a disappointing Diwali outing in All in All Azhagu Raja but she made up it big time with her Pongal offering Jilla. Here are few excerpts from her interview to the Deccan Chronicle.

A damp squib for Deepavali
All in All Azhagu Raja did not do as well as expected. There was a lot riding on the film. It was excessively promoted. I have always learned to take failures and flops in my stride. Yes, a lot of hard work went into it and even to this day I don’t regret working on the film at all. I did an all-out comedy role, and it was something I hadn’t had a chance to do till Rajesh offered it to me. It was certainly a learning experience for me. My mother has always told me, ‘Never let success or failure go to your head’, and that is the mantra I live by.

Working with Vijay for the second time 
Yes, I have worked with him in the past (in Thuppakki). Vijay is quite a reticent person, as is well known. He does not open up very easily. However, while working with him, we established a certain kind of rhythm — we knew each other’s timings, moods etc. We were completely in-sync. So, this time around it was actually quite easy since we shared a certain level of comfort, and moreover, we could anticipate each other’s reactions. This helped me give my best, especially since he is such a great actor. There was almost perfect coordination. Most memorably, there was a song, which we shot in Japan. It was a wonderful experience, the weather was lovely and the place was beautiful. The whole unit had a good time.

An expensive heroine?
Certainly not! I feel I certainly get what I deserve and my producers, who are willing to put money on me, certainly know what they are doing. I don’t think I am being unreasonable about my fee.

Wedding bells? 
My baby sister (Nisha Aggarwal) is married. I am very attached to her and we have always shared a close bond. It was an all-out Punjabi wedding and the  family had a good time, singing, dancing... the works. Her vidaai was a little  emotional, but then the reception was grand, and a happy affair.
For me, marriage is not on the cards for the next two years at least. I am fully focused on work right now, it’s my only priority at the moment.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..